Labor Day is commemorated on the first Monday in September. The holiday is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
In addition, many regard the Labor Day weekend as last big outdoor hurrah of the summer season. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Nashville, we realize how hard you have worked all year and Labor Day is the perfect occasion to say farewell to summer and have a little fun. Here are just a few of the events going on in Music City this weekend, there is something for everyone!
- Cavalia Odysseo opens August 30th and run through September 17th, under the white big top near Opryland at Briley Pkwy. at exit 12. Cavalia Odysseo is the largest touring production on Earth, the immersive theatrical experience features 65 magnificent horses and 50 talented riders, acrobats, dancers, and musicians under a big top the size of a football field.
- Live on the Green ft. Jonny P, John Butler Trio, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, Sheryl Crow, Future Islands, and more @ Public Square Park – August 31st-September 2nd. Live On The Green is a free outdoor concert series, presented by Lightning 100, at Public Square Park in downtown Music City. The stage is always set up on the steps of the Plaza and the crowd gathers in the grassy area of Public Square Park to watch performances from local, regional, and national artists.
- First Saturday Art Crawl @ Nashville’s 5th Avenue of the Arts – September 2nd. Step inside Music City’s art world with First Saturday Art Crawl. The first Saturday of every month, from 6pm to 9pm, art galleries around Nashville offer free admission to view their latest exhibits. Over 20 art venues participate, presenting local and world-renowned artists and artwork, offering the opportunity to meet and discuss art with like-minded individuals. Every genre of art can be seen bringing a truly amazing artistic experience. The Downtown First Saturday Art Crawl spans across all of downtown, allowing you to see everything at 5th Avenue of the Arts, 5th Avenue South, and in The Historic Arcade.
- Zoovie Night ft. Zootopia @ Nashville Zoo at Grassmere – September 1st. Family- friendly Zoovie Nights include games, inflatables, music, crafts and after-hour access to the carousel and zipline! When the sun goes down the evening’s feature film will play on a large inflatable screen, so pack a blanket and head to the Zoo. This Labor Day weekend, Zootopio is the featured movie.
And of course, what is Labor Day without fireworks…
- Music & Fireworks ft. Ricky Skaggs & William Michael Morgan @ Nashville Palace – September 1st-2nd.
- Fireworks @ Nashville Shores Lakeside Resort – September 3rd. Fireworks at Nashville Shores are like two shows in one with the beautiful reflections of color on Percy Priest Lake. Fireworks will begin at dusk at approximately 8:30 p.m. The park hours on all firework days are 10 am – 8 pm.
With the days getting shorter and nightfall making an earlier entrance, make sure your outside living area gets special treatment so you can extend enjoyment into the cooler months ahead. Nashville outdoor lighting is the perfect way to enhance the function and versatility of all your outdoor spaces! Give Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Nashville a call to learn more at (615) 373 – 0638, or by emailing us at email@example.com.